Tuesday, June 17, 2014

USA vs Ghana...best feeling ever!

There are no words to effectively explain how happy I am after USA's victory over Ghana.  Not just because we have lost to them in the last two World Cups, but because the first game in every knock out stage is excruciating...just ask Nigeria and Iran.  Oh wait, that was the most boring game in the history of the World Cup...and even worse, it is from two teams that will most likely not even advance.  The fact that they didn't score a goal vs. each other makes its entirely possible that they will go an entire World Cup without scoring at all...but we have seen the unthinkable so far, so I will just shut my mouth : )

Anyway, this was a gutsy performance from the USA and I expected nothing less...no one was more surprised than me to see the amazing play from Jermaine Jones.  He was an animal! I mean, talk about putting on your best performance at the most critical time.  I officially take back all of my previous comments about how lazy he played during qualifying, apparently he was just saving up for the actual tournament which is okay with me! haha  I mean just look at his picture, who do you think wants the ball more?  WOOHOO USA!!!
     
Man of the Match- Jermaine Jones



Clint Dempsey put on a valiant effort for 90mins even though he could barely breathe through his broken nose.  Thanks Captain Clint!  Way to represent!  Geoff Cameron killed himself to the last minute despite cramping, hats off to you Cameron! Besler and Bedoya way to fight it out! Apparently Fabian Johnson is a super hero with no problem playing box to box in 90 degree weather but for the rest of you I hope that your legs are okay  : )  

In the last 20 mins of the game I wanted to run for you guys...I tried so hard to mentally push you through the final minutes by the end I was exhausted! haha Heart Rate up, inhaler was almost needed...

I was obsessed with Klinsmann's line up, I think he used his substitutions wisely based on unexpected injuries and I cannot wait for SUNDAY!   To the entire team, please eat a ton of bananas, no more cramping!  No Guts, No Glory! Bring it on Portugal!



No comments:

Post a Comment